Church of Madonna dei Cappuccini

Frati Minori Cappuccini
Via A.Battelli, 24

Contact:
Tel. e fax +39 541/929623

In the year 1574 Marquise Lucrezia Vitelli Fregoso, wishing to welcome the order of Capuchin Friars to her fief, donated to the Superiors of the order the necessary land and money to found a convent. The church was consecrated in 1577 and dedicated to St Antony of Padua.

It is recorded that the Madonna painted by Angelo Angeloni of Pennabilli moved her eyes in 1796 and in 1850. In one of the side altars there is a fine painting attributed to Il Guercino, and in the sacristy can be seen a fine piece of Urbino ceramic ware dating from the sixteenth century.

Photo Gallery